Dance Department Staff
Brand New-Pop Up Dance Thursdays! Click here for more info.
Spring Dance Recital season is here! "Don't Just Fly - SOAR!"
Our staff and dancers are hard at work creating memorable recital dances! Save the date so you don't miss the magic: Saturday, June 1, and Sunday, June 2. Look for our detailed recital handbook with all of the fine details in March! Email Valerie Lober for more information.
Age, Attire and Attendance Requirements
The Dance Department strives to provide high quality training for dancers of all ages and experience levels. To maintain the integrity of the classes, we ask that parents do not request age overrides. All requirements, both attire, attendance and age, are set to benefit the children and make instruction more consistent for the program leaders. In some instances, the requirements have been set for the child's safety.
Required Dance Attire
The attire indicated below are required so instructors may properly observe and teach muscular movement. For all classes, hair must be up and off the neck in a ponytail or bun. Unacceptable attire includes jeans, ripped clothing (including tights), sweatpants, crop or half tops showing the midriff, and jewelry.
- Creative Dance, Pre Ballet: leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes. Skirts or tutus optional.
- Ballet and Pointe Prep classes: solid color leotard, pink tights, pink ballet shoes. Dancers age 9 and higher may also wear black dance shorts-no other cover ups.
- Pre Ballet/Tap and Ballet/Tap classes: leotard, tights, pink ballet shoes, black tap shoes. Skirts, tutus, or black dance shorts optional.
- Tap and Jazz classes ages 7 and higher: leotard, tights, black tap shoes or tan slip on jazz shoes. Skirts or dance shorts optional.
- All Hip Hop classes: comfortable athletic clothing (no jeans), black sneakers
- Clean, fitted tee shirt, athletic shorts or pants, black ballet shoes (ballet), black tap shoes (tap), black slip on jazz shoes (jazz), black sneakers (hip hop).
For dance class supplies, contact Allegro Dance Boutique in Evanston.